Friday, June 20, 2014

Ayubowan from Sri Lanka!

It all started with a postcard.

That surprisingly in good condition postcard all the way from Sri Lanka, that "for a relatively small country..." message, that picture of tea pluckers in a luscious mountain background, created in my mind the idea of heading to Sri Lanka as soon as I can. My friend perfectly knew how to convince me; not facebook statuses or photo albums on social media, but a basic postcard. Diane, my friend, they were right for putting you on that tourism related job. Hehe.


After more than a year of not going anywhere, I booked a flight to Colombo. Together with my friend, we prepared ourselves for this trip (or so we thought we were). The moment the all-smiling immigration officer winked at me when we arrived in Colombo, I knew this would be an interesting trip. And in less than an hour, we were in one hell of a bus ride with very interesting customs among locals :)

I couldn't wait to share them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment